Israel and the U.S. a Prophecy to the Church
Many mistake the real significance of what is happening as the U.S. demands land for peace in Israel. The way the U.S. and the world mistreats natural Israel and the resulting wrath on them is a parable and prophecy of what is about to happen with spiritual Israel, the Church. (1 Cor.10:11) Now these things happened unto them by way of example (Greek: type or figure); and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come. Israel has always been a prophecy to the church. (Eccl.1:9} That which hath been is that which shall be; and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
First, as a type, the U.S. takes the land given to natural Israel by God and judgment falls on her.
In John McTernan and Bill Koenig's book, "Israel the Blessing or the Curse", they identify ten events that occur on the same day Israel was strongly advised or forced to give up her covenant land by the United States or others.
- October 30, 1991: The Perfect Storm - As President George H. W. Bush is opening the Madrid (Spain) Conference to consider "land for peace" in Israel's Middle East role, the "perfect storm" develops in the North Atlantic, creating the largest waves ever recorded in that region. The storm travels 1000 miles from "east to west" instead of the normal "west to east" pattern and crashes into the New England Coast. Thirty-five foot waves crash into the Kennebunkport home of President Bush.
- August 23, 1992: Hurricane Andrew - When the Madrid Conference moves to Washington DC and the peace talks resume, Hurricane Andrew, the worst natural disaster ever to hit America, comes ashore and produces an estimated $30 billion in damage and leaving 180,000 homeless in Florida.
- January 16, 1994: Northridge Earthquake - President Bill Clinton meets with Syria's President Hafez el-Assad in Geneva. They talk about a peace agreement with Israel that includes giving up the Golan Heights. Within 24 hours, a powerful 6.9 earthquake rocks Southern California. This quake, centered in Northridge, becomes the second most destructive natural disaster to hit the United States, behind Hurricane Andrew.
- January 21, 1998: Lewinsky Scandal - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meets with President Clinton at the White House and is coldly received. Clinton and Secretary of State Madeleine Albright refuse to have lunch with him. Shortly afterwards on that day, the Monica Lewinsky scandal breaks into the mass media and begins to occupy a major portion of Clinton's time.
- September 28, 1998: Hurricane George - As Secretary of State Albright works on the final details of an agreement in which Israel would give up 13 percent of Yesha (Judah and Samaria), Hurricane George slams into the United States Gulf Coast with 110 mph winds and gusts up to 175 mph. The hurricane hits the coast and stalled. On September 28, Clinton meets with Yasser Arafat and Netanyahu at the White House to finalize this land deal. Later, Arafat addresses the United Nations about declaring an independent Palestinian state by May 1999, as Hurricane George pounds the Gulf Coast, causing $1 billion in damage. At the exact time that Arafat departs the country, the storm begins to dissipate.
- October 15-22, 1998: Texas Flooded - On October 15, 1998, Arafat and Netanyahu meet at the Wye River Plantation in Maryland. The talks are scheduled to last five days with the focus on Israel giving up 13 percent of Yesha. The talks are extended and conclude on October 23. On October 17, awesome rains and tornadoes hit southern Texas. The San Antonio area is deluged with rain. The rain and flooding in Texas continue until October 22 and then subside. The floods ravage 25 percent of Texas and leave over one billion dollars in damage. On October 21, Clinton declares this section of Texas a major disaster area.
- November 30, 1998: Market Capitalization Evaporates - Arafat comes to Washington again to meet with President Clinton to raise money for a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as the capital. A total of 42 other nations were represented in Washington. All the nations agreed to give Arafat $3 billion in aid. Clinton promised $400 million, and the European nations $1.7 billion. On the same day, the Dow Jones average drops 216 points, and on December 1, the European Market had its third worst day in history. Hundreds of billions of market capitalization were wiped out in the U.S. and Europe.
- December 12, 1998: Clinton is Impeached - As Clinton lands in the Palestinian-controlled section of Israel to discuss the "land for peace" process, the House of Representatives votes four articles of impeachment against him.
- May 3, 1999: The Powerful Super Tornado - On the day that Yasser Arafat is scheduled to declare a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as the capital, the most powerful tornado storm system ever to hit the United States sweeps across Oklahoma and Kansas. The winds are clocked at 316 mph the fastest wind speed ever recorded. The declaration is postponed to December 1999 at the request of President Clinton, whose letter to Arafat encourages him in his "aspirations for his own land." He also writes that the Palestinians have a right to "determine their own future on their own land" and that they deserve to "live free, today, tomorrow and forever".
- Week of October 11: Hurricane, Earthquake and Dow Collapse -As Jewish settlers in 15 West Bank (Israel) settlements are evicted from the covenant land in Israel, the Dow-Jones financial averages lose 5.7 percent in the worst week since October 1989. On October 15 the Dow lost 266 points, and a hurricane slams into North Carolina. On the next morning, October 16, a magnitude 7.1 earthquake rocks the southwest in the fifth most powerful earthquake in 20th Century. The earthquake was centered in the California desert and did little damage but was felt in three states.
The fulfillment of this type is that the curses of Exodus and Revelation will come on a world which tries to make the Church give up its Promised Land. What is our Promised Land?
In the tribulation the spiritual man, like the Israelite was, will be highly motivated and empowered to take the "sword of the Spirit, which is the Word" and conquer the carnal man in the Promised Land of his own life or soul. (2 Cor.4:16)... though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day. As the old carnal man is conquered we become the heavenly land of rest bearing the fruit of the spiritual man. (1 Cor.3:9) For we are God's fellow-workers: ye are God's husbandry (Greek: "tilled land"), God's building. (Isa.5:7) For the vineyard of Jehovah of hosts is the house of Israel... If we walk by faith in the promises we take the land and if not the old man takes it back and the fruit is corrupted. (Mal.3:11,12) And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast its fruit before the time in the field (world), saith Jehovah of hosts. And all nations shall call you happy; for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith Jehovah of hosts. The carnal Christian can lose their fruit in this world and never fully enter the kingdom. As they submit to the carnal man he wins the battle for their Promised Land and Christ in them, who is the spiritual man, is crucified again. (Heb.6:4-8) For as touching those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, and [then] fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the land which hath drunk the rain (of the Word) that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them for whose sake it is also tilled, receiveth blessing from God: but if it beareth thorns and thistles, it is rejected (Greek: reprobated) and nigh unto a curse; whose end is to be burned. Those who do not take seriously their command to drive the carnal man's lusts of the flesh from their land will be reprobated.
While physical Israel had a physical Promised Land, spiritual Israel, the Church, has a spiritual Promised Land. While the land of this world will be destroyed the spiritual land of the life of the righteous will be healed for like their Lord their "kingdom is not of this world." (2 Chr.7:14) if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. The saints first conquer their flesh in the tribulation so that their personal Promised Land is healed. Then they become in totality the spiritual man. These, like those who go in the ark, are God's heavenly land of rest for Noah in Hebrew means rest. As Noah went through the seven days, so the righteous will conquer themselves in their tribulation. After the tribulation at the last trump the world itself becomes their physical Promised Land. (Rev.11:15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become [the kingdom] of our Lord, and of his Christ... (Mt.5:5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. When this world becomes the saints' kingdom also they can conquer the enemies in the earthly Promised Land. The wicked will be under their feet in judgment just as it was with Noah. (Mal.4:3) And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make, saith Jehovah of hosts.
The Revived Roman Empire being built by the U.S. will demand that the Church conform to the edicts of a one world religious hierarchy which is being set up as their puppets. For proof of this, see our book, Hidden Manna, chapters ten and eleven. This is after the early type of the Roman beast giving the Sanhedrin authority over the disciples to take away their God-given rights. This will bring the judgments of Revelation down on the U.S. and the world. The U.S., for the sake of peace and prosperity, will demand that Christians take the physical and spiritual mark of the beast, which is addressed in chapter thirteen of our book.